Monday 12 August 2013

Dirty Clothes lead to Healthy Garden

Strangely enough I’ve found that gardening infiltrates itself into nearly all aspects of my life.
 
My job is gardening, one of my many interests is gardening, some of my food comes from the garden, even many of my outfits and shoes are gardening friendly.  Even my morning relax time with a coffee gets extended sometimes with weed pulling and tomato gathering.
 
 
Even my laundry is garden orientated.
 
Laundry. Garden?
 
Well it all started with the water restrictions years ago.  I had a baby in cloth nappies, a yard that needed watering and severe skin reactions to NapiSan.  So the hunt began for a product that could


  • Keep my nappies white and clothes clean

  • Be used in a front loader with cold water

  • Not lead to skin reactions

  • Cost effective

  • Wouldn’t damage my washing machine and

  • Most importantly the water from the washing machine could be used in my garden
 

Finally after much confusion – the laundry powders take up almost a full aisle in Woolworths, and research - trial and error, I found a solution.
 
 
What I discovered was that not all powders dissolve totally in the water.  Go on go and get your laundry powder, mix it in cold water, leave it for twenty mins and see what the water looks like. I bet there is undissolved particles in it, well there was for me with most of the detergents I tried.  These undissolved particles are called fillers. These fillers can not only affect your washing, they can corrode your machine and even affect our health.  These fillers can also affect your septic tanks and cause problems with your grey water.
 
Many detergents also contain salt (sodium sulphate) that can cause major environmental problems in our gardens and waterways.
 
For me I found that most detergents contained chlorine and synthetic perfumes that are used to sanitise and make our clothes smell pretty. The ones that didn’t contain them didn’t get my clothes clean and didn’t smell as nice. Unfortunately it was the chlorine and synthetic perfumes that were causing my skin problems.  For some the chlorine and synthetic perfumes can even trigger bronchial sensitivities.
 
But then finally I found a product that exceeded all my expectations, lucky for me Trevallan Lifestyle Centre now stocks it.
 
The product In discovered is the Euca Laundry Detergent Range. The range has a laundry powder, laundry liquid, a soaker and a fabric conditioner.

The range is based  entirely on Australian Eucalyptus oil. The Eucalyptus oil helps deodorise and sanitise without the need for harsh chemicals, so no more skin or bronchial sensitivities.
 
Euca has no fillers and on average 35 times less sodium sulphate (salt) than other brands of laundry powder.  So the waterways, gardens and septic systems are safe.
 
It can be used in front and top loaders with warm or cold water, it’s cost effective and most importantly my clothes are clean, look clean and smell clean.
 
Not only this I can use Euca to clean my shower and mop the floors so all my water can be reused out in my garden.
 
Never again can I complain about the washing as it’s all going to a good cause – My Garden!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved