Tuesday 9 July 2013

Lucky Potion

My winning essential oil blend ‘Wisdom’ is a combination of my four favourite essential oils – Ylang Ylang, vetiver, fragonia and patchouli.


Perfect Potion describes the blend as ‘The deep musty and exotic aromas of vetiver and patchouli together with the intoxicating and arousing aroma of ylang ylang and fresh, vibrant scent of fragonia create a truly mystical and sacred space.’

But why these oils? What do they mean?

Ylang Ylang is my all-time favourite oil. It has a sweet floral scent. To me it embodies all that is passionate, sensuous and uplifting. Whenever I wear it I feel confident and almost bewitching. It is believed to be useful in creating feelings of peace and dispelling anger. It is a scent that embodies all that is good about femininity.

Fragonia was an oil that was very new to me but I instantly fell in love with it. It’s an Australian native essential oil obtained from Agonis fragrans. I feel Fragonia has an ability to work at a deep level, releasing both physical and emotional blockages. It’s very soothing and calming oil. I have found it sometimes referred to as the magic oil as it seems to work on whatever level that is needed to help the body, mind, or spirit find balance.

Vetiver, it smells like the earth. Most people are put off by it. I love it. I guess that’s why I love my job. I feel just like the earth there are layers to it. Coincidently vetiver is very useful for grounding and centering a person and opening them up to their core wisdom.

Patchouli is described as soothing, calming and somewhat hypnotizing scent. It always makes me feel like I’ve escaped to the orient when I smell it. Patchouli oil has a grounding and balancing effect on the emotions and banishes lethargy, while sharpening the wits, fighting depression and anxiety.

This is all my own interpretations of the oils and their meanings I am no way a qualified aromatherapist.

With these four oils I was trying to create a scared space for everyone. A place we could escape to to find ourselves. A place where we are free to be us.

When I vaporise ‘Wisdom’ at home it fills my house with such a warm comforting scent. I feel at peace and safe in my own surrounds. I love it when I put it on in the mornings and then I go out. I can smell it as I get to the front door and know I’m home. My shoulders drop and I feel relaxed.

Just recently ‘Optimum Health’, a natural therapies clinic in Ipswich has asked to use it for their meditation classes they are starting soon.

I truly feel this blend will ‘create a truly mystical and sacred space’ for you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved